Monday, August 22, 2011

Momstown KW Birthday Bash!


Momstown.ca is a group for neighborhood moms wanting to connect for support, conversation and just plain fun! It is organized into local chapters across Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario, and there is a small membership fee to join which covers the cost of all events and social opportunities.

Thanks to my sister-in-law Tracey, I found out that Momstown Kitchener-Waterloo (our local chapter) was throwing a birthday bash in Waterloo Park this past Saturday! Although the late morning time conflicted with S's nap, Chris and I decided to meet her down there and check it out.

What a terrific event! There were all kinds of great activites set up for the kids, interesting product demos and (of course) a whole slew of draw prizes! Many local companies and organizations were showcased, including the following:

  • Norwex consultant Tasha Baldock, who convincingly demonstrated (with raw chicken) how the Norwex Envirocloth can deactivate bacteria and other pathogens. I'd heard of Norwex before, but didn't quite know what the products were all about. But now I have to get my hands on some of these incredible cloths! I can totally see myself using them on EVERYTHING.

  • Hulahoop Childrens Photography, featuring the super-talented Nicola who shoots with natural light and achieves amazing results! Hulahoop is currently hosting a Facebook contest to win a Christmas mini session based on photo booth pics taken at the event. The picture with the most "Likes" wins the shoot. Lots of cuties in the album, huh? Here is S's entry; if you agree with her (non-biased) mother that she's the sweetest of the bunch, I'd love for you to click the pic and "Like" it! (Note - you need to Like Hulahoop's page as well. Take a look at the other beautiful pics on there too while you're at it!)

I just signed up for a trial membership at Momstown which lasts for two weeks. I plan to check out an event or two and all the member perks and then see about signing up long term! If you're in Alberta, Ontario or Manitoba and haven't heard of this group yourself, I recommend taking a look at momstown.ca to see if there's a local community near you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment